Friday, January 25, 2013

Work and workin' it

On the bus.
It was an early one for us- I was up at 5:30am to get ready for our first day of back to work with Charlie.  All went smoothly getting ready...Charlie hung out in his crate quietly until I was finished.  After that he went out to go to the bathroom and then ate his breakfast in less than 2 minutes.  We were at the bus stop along 501 by 7am and waited for 15 minutes in the freezing cold.  Charlie didn't like it any more than me... I had to just keep him moving and doing things (sit, stand, down, etc.).  Lorrie met us at the stop to help me one last time getting on the bus and situated.  It went smoothly and he laid right at my feet (and occasionally sitting up) looking up frequently to check on me. 

Once we arrived to the station we hopped off the bus and headed right in to work.  He opened both of the doors to enter the building and went through the metal detector with no reaction to the noise of it.  We took the elevator up to the third floor and went down the long corridor the back door of my office.  He opened that door for me as well and did a nice "go through" the door, "turn" and "back" to get into the room.  He gladly accepted my command to "go to bed" on his comfy mat and laid "down" without any hesitation.  I gave him a bone but he had no interest in it.  The rest of the morning he snoozed and I worked.  We took a few breaks to go to the bathroom and walk around outside a bit.

During lunch we went to Central Market.  There was a new tea stand I wanted to check out and I also wanted to go to a stand that has pet stuff because I forgot to bring him a toy to play with and I figured I could check there is they had anything.  They didn't but the guy that worked there gave Charlie some sweet potato treats and a pig ear (which he won't be eating)...everybody loves Charlie (and that was not the first time he received free treats while we were out).  I even had the famous Statue of Liberty dude that stands out on the corner of Queen & King St take out picture.

Due to the snow, my boss kindly let me catch an earlier bus home.  We did the whole bus thing by ourselves without any problems!  He slept at my feet the whole time and was much more relaxed than the morning ride.  We got off to about 2 inches of snow and we sped home to avoid getting too wet from the snow.  I quickly unvested him and we laid low the rest of the night...playing with puzzles over and over and over because Gia, my niece, insisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment