Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's been a while


Whoops, I lost track of time and have been hibernating.  But Spring is soon here, yay!

I have some exciting fundraising updates for you... according to the gogetfunding.com site, I have $2,470 raised!  But better news is that I’ve received donations from people who prefer not to give online and that brings the total to $4,175!!  And the best news is that over $400 came in from the fundraiser that was held at Folklore Coffee Company a few Sundays ago!  That is 60% of my goal (and 83.5% of the required $5K to give back to UDS)- sorry, that was the Budget Analyst in me. 
 
We have been going all over the place lately- CVS, Ciro’s (the Sicilian old lady mama chef even came out to see him), Central Market, Mommalicious, Garden Spot Furniture, Café Chocolate, Tomato Pie Café, the bank (where he already knows that they give me a treat for him!) and church...I am probably missing a few, but there are too many places we go! 

While at work Charlie sleeps under my desk on a big bath mat/carpet thing (and occasionally snores and barks in his sleep).  We go on bathroom breaks and then I run him on the sidewalk around Binn’s Park in the city (I work in the building that sits around the park).  During lunch we go around quite a few blocks at full wheelchair speed- almost 5 mph!  People bounce right out of our way if we go fast and it’s less opportunity for them to reach out and touch him!

Charlie is turning 3 in 11 days!  And in 23 days I am closing on my first house... surreal!  I can’t wait to get in there and put a fence up for Charlie and his friends to play in.  There a a few things to be done before I move in- one of them is building a ramp and walkway so I can get in the house in my power chair (or building a shed to store it in at night)... so if you know anyone, shoot me an email with their info so I can start getting some bids!

No comments:

Post a Comment